PUPPY BUYER APPLICATION
FLYBY ENGLISH SHEPHERDS
Puppy Application 2012
Flyby English Shepherds
Thank you for your interest in Flyby English Shepherds.If you are considering purchasing a puppy from Flyby English Shepherds, please read these questions carefully and answer them honestly with as much detail as possible. There are no 'right' or 'wrong' answers to these questions; the only purpose is to help us understand what you are looking for in a pup and ensure that you get the best possible puppy for your situation.
Please copy and paste the following questions into an email, and send to the address at the bottom. Thank you in advance.
Name (s) ______________________________________________
State _______________________________Country _____________________
PC/ZIP ____________ Telephone ( )_________________________________
1) English Shepherds are a rare breed. How did you find out about them?
2) Why do you want an English Shepherd puppy?
3) Have you ever met an English Shepherd? Where?
4) Have you had a dog before?
i) How many?
ii) What breed(s)?
iii) Working farm dog?
iv) What activity(s) have you done with your dogs (please list all, competitive or not)?
5) Do you have children living at home?
a) If yes, what ages are they?
6) Do you have other pets?
a) If yes, describe them.
7) Do you live in a rural or suburban setting?
8) Where will the dog live? (barn, house, garage, dog house, etc)
9) What will a typical day be like for your family's dog?
10) How many hours a day will the dog typically be left alone?
11) Are you planning on taking your puppy through a training program?
i) How consistent of a dog trainer are you?
12) If you live on a farm will this puppy be expected to work on your farm?
i) Herding work? (how much and of what type?)
ii) Guardian duties?
iii) Hunting or pest eradication?
13) Do you have specific training goals for your puppy (agility, herding, obedience, etc)?
14) Do you have a preference in terms of sex and/or color?
i) How set are you in these preferences?
*note - We prefer to place pups first based on temperament/personality but if all things are equal, sex and color will be considered.
15) Do you plan to spay/neuter this pup or are you considering breeding?
Will you consider leaving your pup open for Flyby English Shepherds to use as an auxiliary dog to our breeding program?
16) Will you be willing to have your puppies hips x-rayed by the age of 2 1/2 yrs and provide us with a copy of the results?
I prefer PennHIP x-rays over OFA as they give a more accurate results which help Flyby with our breeding program.
17) What do the other people in the home think of getting an English Shepherd pup?
18) Do you like a challenge or do you like a dog that responds easily to your commands?
A stronger more dominant pup may be more of a challenge than one that is in the middle to low end of the pack order.
19) Do you appreciate an independent personality or more of an "English Shadow" (a dog that seeks to be near you all the time)?
20) Think about the tone of your home. You'd want a pup that would adapt and fit in with your style of living?
i) Is it calm and quiet?
ii) Active and noisy?
21) Do you need or want a dog with a lot of drive and energy?
Or are you looking for a laid back mellow dog?
22) How much social interaction will the pup experience in its life with you?
Would you attend many public events with your dog, have a lot of visitors in the home etc.
24) Do you want a dog that is sociable with anyone it meets or do you prefer a dog that shows more aloofness to strangers?
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the number of puppies our girls will have, or the color or gender of the puppies. What we can guarantee is that the puppies will be loved and nurtured right along with our own dogs. They will receive the same quality of care and devotion here that we expect they will be able to depend and thrive on when they reach their new homes.
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.
Please return via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2012 Flyby English Shepherds, all rights reserved